Breckwell p22 problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PELLET PUPIL

Jan 4, 2009
CT
Brand new breckwell p22 FS
just installed
flashing number 3 light, and yes there are pellets in the hopper
wont ignite now and when i light myself it seems to stop feeding pellets within 5 minutes
I have noticed that when first turned on it will light up the heat level after about one minute
I dont think it did this before it only switched to the desired heat level once the fire was started
It seems to me from reading the manual that if the combustion blower fails it shuts down the auger
The combustion blower seems to be working fine
Could it be the hight temp thermo disc or the control panel. Should i try bypassing the thermo disc
ANY SUGGESTIONS??????

PELLET PUPIL said:
Brand new breckwell p22 FS
just installed
flashing number 3 light, and yes there are pellets in the hopper
wont ignite now and when i light myself it seems to stop feeding pellets within 5 minutes
I have noticed that when first turned on it will light up the heat level after about one minute
I dont think it did this before it only switched to the desired heat level once the fire was started
It seems to me from reading the manual that if the combustion blower fails it shuts down the auger
The combustion blower seems to be working fine
Could it be the hight temp thermo disc or the control panel. Should i try bypassing the thermo disc
ANY SUGGESTIONS??????

Not an English Major but, got some issue with periods? Just kidding. (note period).

Call me on Sunday morning after 10:00 I should be in depending on the ice storm hitting or not, 330-876-0200

Eric

THanks Eric for the great help.
I still cannot believe the bow in the stove.
Just out of curiosity was the stove you had encountered with the similar problem blinking 3 or 2.
THanks again.
I really appreciate your help.

PELLET PUPIL said:
THanks Eric for the great help.
I still cannot believe the bow in the stove.
Just out of curiosity was the stove you had encountered with the similar problem blinking 3 or 2.
THanks again.
I really appreciate your help.

That stove was 3 days old and still ran but the owner saw the bow which caused an air leak.

Good luck with it and let me know how it turns out.

Eric

Arnold2 said:
I have the exact same problem and it's driving me nuts! :)

Eric, would you mind posting here your solution to the problem?? (yes, I'm begging!)

Many, many thanks in advance!

Arnold

Contact your dealer. It needs to be returned.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.