Breckwell P23 Combustion Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parcero2012

Mar 25, 2011
Putnam County, NY
Good Morning Forum Members, I am looking to purchase a backup combustion blower and i have two choices.

First Choice:
http://www.cshincorporated.com/product_info.php/products_id/168

Second Choice:
http://a1stoves.com/breckwell-combustion-blower-p-674.html

The second choice looks like the one in my stove along with the attached image. Which one is better, the sealed bearing model or the one currently in my stove.

My Concerns are noise levels from the blower, if anybody is familiar with either blower and maintenance required for both other than lubing the bearings which i am familiar with during times of tuneups.

My stove is 3 years old, and the bearings started making a grinding noise, i lubed the bearings and the noise appears to be gone and running smoothly, I want to have a good backup in case this blower goes on me during the season. Thanks to all ahead of time.

Attachments

• A-E-027.jpg
    A-E-027.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 440
I just bought a blower and auger FM CSH. Took 3 days with there standard shipping. I would go with the CSH. Will mount right up to your stove and is also oilable. Which is a HUGE plus. Will last much longer than 3 years. IMO.

Plus its cheaper. Spend the money you save on pellets. LOL

I just purchased (5 min. ago) a blower through Amazon from CSH, for a St. Croix project stove I am working on. Amazon had $30 gift card promo with credit app..
Paid $68 with shipping. Check if this fan is at Amazon.

The noise from the dry bearings that you heard, I wonder if a blower's bearings can go bad without making noise. Theoretically, if dry bearings always squeal, then by oiling them regularly and definitely when they squeal, the blower should last a long, long time. So why do they go bad? I guess because the don't get oiled. But if a "bad" blower is typically like my frozen blower, then people are replacing something that can be fixed simply by giving it the amount of oi it needs.

Although oil can be put on the shaft, not all blowers are oil-able. The one in question is a non-serviceable motor. The one he is looking at from CSH is. Which is also a far superior motor over the blower motor that came with his unit. Pellet stoves these days are not being built with the Highest quality, or the longest lasting parts. Some Manf still do. But a lot do not.

Thanks Fellas For your Help And Opinions On My Decision On Which Blower To Purchase, I will be ordering the CSH Model Blower, My main concern was replacing my current blower with one that is better made, serviceable and from a reputable company like Fasco, Rotom or Dayton which I believe are far superior than my stock blower that came with my Breckwell P23. My First real Issue with my stove in 3 Years and I guess i am lucky compared to other breckwell owners that have gone thru quite a number of combustion and convection blowers in the same time frame.

Can you use High Temp RTV Sealant as the seal on this combustion blowers? my seal is bad and the seal I am sure is causing my stove to not burn pellets good anymore, I cleaned the blower out 2 times only to have the seal fall apart practically the last .I would think it would also make a better seal..

right now I need my draft on full to get a good burn without teh pellets stacking up and sooting.. course I did get new pellets but I am sure it s got to be this seal as they tried to piece it back together as they did not have one..

Good Morning Forum Members, I am looking to purchase a backup combustion blower and i have two choices.

First Choice:
http://www.cshincorporated.com/product_info.php/products_id/168

Second Choice:
http://a1stoves.com/breckwell-combustion-blower-p-674.html

The second choice looks like the one in my stove along with the attached image. Which one is better, the sealed bearing model or the one currently in my stove.

My Concerns are noise levels from the blower, if anybody is familiar with either blower and maintenance required for both other than lubing the bearings which i am familiar with during times of tuneups.

My stove is 3 years old, and the bearings started making a grinding noise, i lubed the bearings and the noise appears to be gone and running smoothly, I want to have a good backup in case this blower goes on me during the season. Thanks to all ahead of time.
You will need to snip off the end and replace with one male and one female connectors.

come to think of it I never knew you had to clean out the small access doors and in 6 years never did it, so I think it is that...I thought they were mounts for their fake logs I had at one time when i bought it..

Can you use High Temp RTV Sealant as the seal on this combustion blowers? my seal is bad and the seal I am sure is causing my stove to not burn pellets good anymore, I cleaned the blower out 2 times only to have the seal fall apart practically the last .I would think it would also make a better seal..

right now I need my draft on full to get a good burn without teh pellets stacking up and sooting.. course I did get new pellets but I am sure it s got to be this seal as they tried to piece it back together as they did not have one..

I use high temp silicone for mine and have never had an issue. When I take it out, I use a wire brush on a drill to clean off the old silicone before I put it back in.

Reactions: mikenbrenda
Yeh I just did and i worked Great. Can't be that hard to peel off..

Status
Not open for further replies.