Breckwell P23 Heat question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davester02

Jul 12, 2008
northeast
Hello everybody, We installed our stove recently and are new to pellet stoves. There is many times the thing just seems like a large hair dryer. I just checked with a digital thermometer and on level 2 it is blowing air at 78 degrees. I am just look to see if that is about normal. I can set it up to a higher level I just do not want to shorten the life of the stove if it is going to run all day. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think we need some more info..

Is this stove new? If not, has any of the periodic maintenance been performed (gaskets, cleaning).
How big is the area you are trying to heat, and where is it located in the house?

Less significantly, but I'd still like to know: what brand of pellets are you burning?

If you run it on higher heat settings it should be fine. I know on my 10 year old P23 it says not to run it
on the highest setting for more than a few hours, but I've never really needed to do that anyway.

Welcome to the board.

This question has been asked 3-4 times in the last 50 top posts. Please look at other post and they might help you so the same question is not answered by the same people.

Eric

Actually, All I do is search this forum and the closest thing I could find is someone that says their breckwell is pumping 113 degrees on level one. That leads me to believe that I may have a problem and I just wanted to reach out to someone that may lend assistance. Sorry if that upsets someone. I am not asking about the best type of pellet here or which stove to buy so cut me a little slack. I just want to know if this is normal:)

That being said I really appreciate any help I can get.

The stove is brand new an it is located in our main living room that is lofted to the upstairs. Dont get me wrong it is maintaining about 63 on the main floor and about 61 up the stairs. I would say that is level 3-4 and the temp her is about 40-50 outside now. I am more concerned that it really does not feel like it is blowing very warm air. It is certainly not pumping out air that is greater than 100 degrees

we are currently using Freedom Fuel but we have used Pennington as well and one other type but to tell you the truth I did not notice a huge difference in the three brands we have tried.

Thanks

Level 1 is about 8,300 to 9,000 btus per hours. That is not a heck of a lot of heat considering level 2 will double that. You will not hurt the stove running it on a higher setting. Do not run it on level 5 for more than a couple hours. Try level 2. Make sure you have the toggle switch in manual.

Eric

All good info. I just wanted to add that ash and creosote build up on the burn tubes at the top of the combustion chamber
will reduce heat output slightly. Even though there is a built in tool for sweeping the outside of the tubes, I still like to
manually brush them about once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.