Breckwell p23i Combustion Blower won't turn off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The white ones are
Optoisolators and we use mc3010 at work...too bad I could send you some of those. But back to the problem. Those could be the problem, There cost is very little so change all of them.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/D...rs&WT.srch=1&WT.content=text&WT.source=google

Using a ohm meter compair one to the others and try to pick out the bad one
Sounds like you know what you are doing! I am having a very similar problem. I just replaced a bad combustion blower and fuse. As soon as I turn on the stove the combustion blower turns on. I disconnected the proof of fire thermodisc wire and I had the same result, the combustion fan kept running. Do you happen to have any other ideas for me to try? I am worried about buying a new control board for $300-400 and it not being the issue. I appreciate it. Thanks for any assistance you can give me!
-Pat

Last edited by a moderator:
I am having the same problem, but I am a little confused by what you said here so just trying to clarify. I had a few problems, first, the stove was overheating and blowing the fuse. I replaced the fuse and concluded that the combustion fan needed to be replaced. As soon as I replaced the combustion fan and turned on the stove to test, the combustion fan turned right on. I disconnected the proof of fire wire from the thermodisc and turned the stove on again. Again, the combustion fan turned right on. Does this conclude that the proof of fire thermodisc is not the problem? What next?

You have a different problem they are talking circulation fan not a combustion fan
One is to move air over the heat exchanger and out into the room. The
combustion fan draws air over and through the fire to cause a positive draft for
complete and hot combustion. It also comes on as soon as the start switch is pressed
and on my stove will run for 15 minutes(if no fire) and will keep running as long as the proof of
fire switch says there is a fire (hot enough)
You have 2 problems 1) why did it overheat 2) What caused the fuse to blow