breckwell p24l is it worth it

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

case310350

Dec 5, 2010
upstate
I got an old breckwell p24l and after reading here wonder if its worth the effort to repair. The auger has pellets caked on it so I need to remove it, which does no look easy due to the confine space. But after reading about this model seems like they were not well made, although it looks well constructed to me. Any tips on getting the auger out and if its worth repairing??

Roughly how old is the stove? Does it have the digital control panel?

The Breckwells have a removable(well the newer stoves do anyway) tin plate over the auger assembly. If you remove that its pretty easy to clean it out. Make sure you scrap off the old sealer and reseal it with high temp silicone when finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.