Breckwell Pellet Stove vent pipe not matching with vent outlet on the wall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mthood

Hearth Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
Oregon
Last week we got new slate hearth put in, the guy who did the work convinced us that even though there will be a height difference between the pellet stove vent pipe and pipe going through the wall there are plenty of solutions for it. So now after we put the stove back in, the clearance difference is less than an inch, we tried to force the pipe in but it is not going all the way in as before. Is there any solution to this problem ? I have attached a picture to show what we are dealing with, we sincerely appreciate any suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG00206.jpg
    IMG00206.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 303
Welcome mthood,

Sorry your first post is an issue with your stove, We will try to help you. But the photo is hard to tell were the top of the pipe is.

If the gap between adapter and stove is on either side. Stove needs to move away from the gap. Same with top or bottom. If the gap is on the bottom. Stove needs to be raised up.

Hope it helps
jay

whats on the other side of the wall...straight thru and a cap? elbow? Possible to move pipe out wall several inches and add a flex coupling? Or loosen the thimble and move it all up to match the stove?

Seems you may have to move your thimble/pipe up a little bit to match the stove. I know when the installer made the hole through the wall in my installation there was some "play". You may need to take the cover plates off the interior and exterior and shift the whole thimble up a little bit and re-seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.