Breckwell question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foodgoodfirebad

Hearth Supporter
Oct 20, 2009
Vancouver WA
Hi guys, totally new here. My friend and I tore apart my pellet stove in my shop today and cleaned it. Wow is all I can say. I bought it used last year and didn't think to check the two fans on the unit. This particular stove is a Breckwell P28 free standing.

Now, I may have done something in haste and wanted your opinion before I use it for the Winter season. We cleaned the intake fan that looked like a Wookie fell into it and was killed, then the exhaust fan. Now that leads to my question. When we took the exhaust fan out the gasket was toast. I cleaned the surface and applied some RTV high temp silicone in it's place and reinstalled the the fan motor on the housing. Could this silicone get too hot? Should I look for a new gasket for the fan motor housing or leave it be?

Thanks

Edit: BTW, when we cleaned the whole thing we tried to carefully remove the inside brick facia and I cracked it as it was very brittle. Is there anything I can use to mend it?

I have used the Orange 500º with no issues. There is a black out there and I think its 800º.

Only thing with the silicon is it is harder to remove.

jay

New gaskets that Breckwell sell are $15.00 a piece, you will go through 3-4 in a year with regular cleaning schedule.

buildingmaint said:
New gaskets that Breckwell sell are $15.00 a piece, you will go through 3-4 in a year with regular cleaning schedule.

That's crazy! I didn't even know you are supposed to check your exhaust fan that often?

Any ideas on mending the fake brickwork?

Thanks for the replies guys!

The cerra brick is purely cosmetic and you can safely run your stove without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.