Bringing in the wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
The new system is working pretty well:

IMG_1413.jpg

My wife thinks the cart is "cute":

IMG_1418.jpg

The "wood chute," otherwise known as a converted basement window:

IMG_1421.jpg

The inside woodbox-this should last about four or five days:

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

Sweet :)

It is "cute" ;-P

Sweet setup... you may want to invest in some snow tires for that JD Tracktor if you get any more snow on the ground... :)

i agree nice set up do you always leave the mower deck on? maybe some snow chains if it gets to deep

ohio woodburner said:
i agree nice set up do you always leave the mower deck on? maybe some snow chains if it gets to deep

This is the first time I've ever used it for anything other than mowing. I just picked the cart up recently-before this I was hauling wheel barrow loads. I had an old 110 with no deck that would have made a great pulling tractor but it needed a lot of work so I sold it to a collector-I should have kept it!

Badfish, your going to have to choose your obsession. Is it going to be tractors or wood? I switch between both.

i got a jd lawn trator like that one, i think mines a 180 tho. biggest piece of junk ever made! i also have a murrray of all things lawn tractor, thats a million times better. i know its hard to belive but its true, them small jds are just garbage.

anyhow how you liking your wood furnace? i have the same one, and i love mine! man that thing can eat some wood tho! but bout is it nice to use the ducting to heat the entire house evenly!

Well I wouldn't have anything but a J D the decks drop off real easy 4 pins. Try it you will like it, the grass will wait.

Beats the heck out of wheel barrow, especially in the snow.
Nice set up.
Awesome wood shed ;)

Your wife is right..the cart is cute. :)

Badfish, you need a hat....your ear looks frozen in that photo! :lol:

Nice woodshed btw..

greythorn3 said:
i got a jd lawn trator like that one, i think mines a 180 tho. biggest piece of junk ever made! i also have a murrray of all things lawn tractor, thats a million times better. i know its hard to belive but its true, them small jds are just garbage.

I dunno-I would disagree. The tractor in the picture was bought new in 1984 by my FIL. He gave it to my wife and I when we bought our house in 2008 because he figured that 24 years later it was time to get a new one ;) Neither of us have done anything to it besides the normal stuff-change oil, replace belts, sharpen blades, etc... It can't hold a candle to the 110 I had in terms of pulling power, but it's really an apples to oranges comparison.

greythorn3 said:
anyhow how you liking your wood furnace? i have the same one, and i love mine! man that thing can eat some wood tho! but bout is it nice to use the ducting to heat the entire house evenly!

This is our 3rd winter with it-I bought it for $300 from another member here who only used it once season. It does eat some wood-the shed in the picture holds five cords and I'll burn it all by the end of the winter, but for what it is it suits our needs just fine. I recommend them to everybody-lots of folks are tempted into going with those US Stove/Vogelzang units you can buy at TSC, but the Englander is the better built unit hands down. Thanks for the comments on the shed all-not bad for free pallets and $50 worth of rejected lumber from Lowes! :lol:

I made the upgrade from wheelbarrow tractor last winter. I will never go back. I second losing the deck and getting some chains. Be careful tractors tend to multiply if you let your guard down.
DSC06896.jpg

This is how I haul the wood...I do wish it had a motor!

does that big Englander furnace have secondary tubes ?

SmokeyCity said:
does that big Englander furnace have secondary tubes ?

I sure wish it did :lol: Secondaries could cut my wood consumption down to 4 cords I bet. I've toyed with the idea of doing my own, but I'd rather have a wood hog that heats the house well than something experimental. My long term dream for this house is converting to hydronic heat and installing a gasifier.

who needs a tractor
just tie the sled onto one of these guys
and say mush
becareful like Flatbed said they tend to multiply

Attachments

• P1010025 (3).jpg
    P1010025 (3).jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 192
Status
Not open for further replies.