Buck Stove 21: getting better at burning now!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydee

Apr 11, 2010
north GA
Well, there has been a bit of a learning curve, but thanks to all the knowledge on this forum, by the time
I got my little Buckstove 21, I had the dry wood I needed. Here's my fire tonight....

Attachments

• DSC03732.jpg
    DSC03732.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 280
Nice fire shot. That's cooking alright.

Yeah, I was happy. Especially later in the burn when there was more coals - turned down the amount of air going in and got nice blue flames.

I must admit I'm a bit confused still -

Burn at too low a temp and get creosote?
Burn at too high a temp and the heat just goes up the chimney?

Yesterday the corner firebricks got black for a while, but it disappeared when I got the heat back up.
But, if I'm not burning 24-7 and the fire dies down, as it must, won't that mean automatic creosote formation?

now thats a good photo. i just happen to be sitting here after starting a small fire in my little 20. enjoy the stove. pete

Status
Not open for further replies.