buck stove door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smmm

Aug 1, 2010
Ohio
Okay. After reading some post I decided to do some investigation. I did the dollar bill test around the door and most places were pretty tight but there were a few that were loose. Stove is new so I decided to take the door off and get the straight edge out. I noticed as I was holding the straight edge on the wood stove (four sides where the door closes) there were a few minor voids. Across the top it seemed to bow a little in the middle. Maybe 1/16". The left side seemed perfectly flush with the straight edge. Bottom seemed pretty flush. Right side there was a 1/8" void in the middle. It seemed to bow in a little where the door latch is. Is this pretty normal. I wasn't sure what to expect before checking this so not sure where the "normal" limit is. Thought I would check here before contacting Buck.

Thanks

Think you need to call the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.