Building addition. Need a plan.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidV

Nov 20, 2005
Richmond VA
We have a 2 story frame house. This summer we are doing some major renovation work on the inside. and probably residing it.(I will take advantage of that opportunity to increase insulation to the walls.) Next Summer, our plan is to build an addition to the house. We have had so much success with our insert on the end of the house, that we want to add another wood heater. I have considered a Yukon Eagle wood/gas furnace that would be tied right into the HVAC system of the house. I have also thought about putting a free standing stove or a masonry heater or something like the quadrifire. The addition is going to be built on the side of the house where the external chimney currently is. We will be adding approximately 800+ sf to the house so obviously the current insert just wouldn't do the trick.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.