building racks for two 500 gallon propane tanks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2010
new mexico
I would like some help on designs for stacking one 500 gallon propane tank on top of another. I am going to buy the steel this week and my welder will be doing it this weekend. Any suggestion's or pictures would be appreciated. thanks
hulk

It may be easier and cheaper if you use pallet racking. Around here there has been allot of business going under and there are allot of auctions. This is what a couple of folks have done.

The following link provides an an example of a 500 gallon tank stacked on top of another using saddles. I am doing a similar thing stacking a 350 on top of a 500. I know the welder so the price is not bad. However, the pallet rack is an option worth looking at especially if you need to raise one tank on top of the other. Good luck.

http://www.ahona.com/prod_waterstorage.html

Status
Not open for further replies.