Bummer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

onion

Burning Hunk
Nov 3, 2009
Ohio
Took a walk around the woods out back tonight and spotted a big old shagbark hickory snag (probably 24" dbh) that I hadn't noticed before. My mouth started watering and I started planning the route through the woods and who I was going to ask to borrow a four wheeler. Walked over and checked it out....then tripped over the fenceline that seperates my property from the neighbor. The damn tree is only about a foot off my property. I would go ask if I could cut it but the neighbor burns in an OWB and I know he'll want it.

I'm not gonna tell him though, that's what he gets for shooting a deer that had just crossed over the fenceline and nearly scaring me out of my stand last winter. I just have to hope it falls onto my property before he sees it. Although I think it just died this year so it'll be some time before it falls....unless I help it.

I'm not advocating anything illegal, but if say, and windstorm happens to come along and blow the tree onto your property, it's free game right?

Well, maybe a winch could help the wind a little bit...

just a thought....

especially if the neighbor would treat you the same way....

onion said:
Took a walk around the woods out back tonight and spotted a big old shagbark hickory snag (probably 24" dbh) that I hadn't noticed before. My mouth started watering and I started planning the route through the woods and who I was going to ask to borrow a four wheeler. Walked over and checked it out....then tripped over the fenceline that seperates my property from the neighbor. The damn tree is only about a foot off my property. I would go ask if I could cut it but the neighbor burns in an OWB and I know he'll want it.

I'm not gonna tell him though, that's what he gets for shooting a deer that had just crossed over the fenceline and nearly scaring me out of my stand last winter. I just have to hope it falls onto my property before he sees it. Although I think it just died this year so it'll be some time before it falls....unless I help it.

Our neighbor had a big size cherry tree fall on our property, I mentioned it to him then offered half the wood to him after I cut it up, he told me to keep it all. Why not tell him, you never can tell what he will say.

Edit, I also have a cherry that had our posted sign on it plus the neighbor to the south of us posted sign on it, it fell on his property so I called and offered the same deal, he chewd my ass off (he was drunk) so like I said you never can tell. :vampire:

zap

Attachments

• 100_1092.jpg
    100_1092.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 217
Status
Not open for further replies.