Bummer....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jc5922

Nov 8, 2011
East Kentucky
So I ordered my offset box last Monday morning. I'm in Kentucky and its coming from Washington State. I've ordered from the west coats before and it normally takes 4 to 5 days with ground service. Well, it didn't come today so I called the company. they gave me a tracking number. It didn't ship till Wednesday and it's not scheduled for delivery till Friday....WTF?!?! 7 business days. If you count all 24 hours in a day(and I'm just counting business days), my offset box is traveling at lest than 14 miles per hour. Just plain sorry service seems to be getting worse. The stove install will have to wait until at least Friday evening.

That is pretty bad. I order a lot from different sites and 4-5 days is the Max. Thats with standard shipping (I am cheap).

Cant wait for the pics. Once you get it, I am sure it will be worth the wait.

On top of the heavy volume this time of year, the world stops at Thanksgiving. Every year. Don't even think about ordering anything in December. We used to shut down our online sales the last day of November because shipping delays created too many pissed off customers. I can't count how many times we shipped replacements and they arrived the same day the original shipment did.

I have a couple of items ordered out of California right now and it looks like they make it in two weeks time from when I placed the orders.

Between the Holidays and considering that all the shippers are mega busy, I am not surprised. Had you ordered a month ago I bet the story would have been quite different.

Well, what really gets me is the company I ordered the offset box from set on it for two days. I ordered first thing Monday and it didn't ship until Wednesday. I added a note in my eBay order to please expedite shipping if at all possible and then I called the company to politely asked to hurry the shipping if at all possible and they said no problem. I also called UPS yesterday evening and they told me that it should take 4 to 5 business days. So I asked why is it taking 7? His response was the holiday. So I said you take one day off and it cost me 3? He had no answer. I've always liked UPS and always had good service, but for some reason this is really getting to me. I work in service based industry. I worked the day before and after Thanksgiving. I was called out at 3pm on Thanksgiving and ended up working several hours. To me averaging 14 miles per hour for a package is just ridiculous. Sorry, off my soap box now...

jc5922 said:
Well, what really gets me is the company I ordered the offset box from set on it for two days. I ordered first thing Monday and it didn't ship until Wednesday. I added a note in my eBay order to please expedite shipping if at all possible and then I called the company to politely asked to hurry the shipping if at all possible and they said no problem. I also called UPS yesterday evening and they told me that it should take 4 to 5 business days. So I asked why is it taking 7? His response was the holiday. So I said you take one day off and it cost me 3? He had no answer. I've always liked UPS and always had good service, but for some reason this is really getting to me. I work in service based industry. I worked the day before and after Thanksgiving. I was called out at 3pm on Thanksgiving and ended up working several hours. To me averaging 14 miles per hour for a package is just ridiculous. Sorry, off my soap box now...

If it is shipping UPS then I am not at all surprised. From the West coast to KY it goes by rail. You are at the mercy of not only UPS itself but the rail lines as well. Usually they (UPS) will quote you 7-10 days on a coast to coast shipment, add to that you are talking one big heavy package, which will slow down the process because it can not go across some belts, and depending on the size maybe not through some of the automated scanners. Then you add in that although they closed for 1 day (thanksgiving) If the package was in a distribution center and not on the train prior to that it may have been held for 4 days, Monday, then loaded on the train. A ton of things going against you here.

BTW can you tell I spent some time in a UPS distribution center?

Status
Not open for further replies.