Burn tube fell out. Twice!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefrier

Feeling the Heat
Jul 3, 2008
Maryland
I'm on my second season with the Englander 13, love this little sucker....but....my front burn tube
fell out last week and again today while burning. I should note that I had to remove the tubes to clean
the flue this summer but I replaced them "as they were". Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 100_1585.JPG
    100_1585.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 284
I would pull that one and the second one and see if the front one is shorter. On my 30 when the screws are in on the left side there ain't no way they can get out.

For the 13 or 30 to have a tube fall out that tube just had to have been made too short.

Good point BB, but I went through a whole season with no problems. Anyway, I will have to wait for stove the cool down
to check it.

Is there a cotter or bolt that is supposed to keep the tube centered? The tube is designed short enough to be taken out to pull the fire brick and clean the top end but long enough to bridge the gap. Maybe the inside liner has warped and the tube is too short to bridge the wider gap.

LLigetfa said:
Is there a cotter or bolt that is supposed to keep the tube centered? The tube is designed short enough to be taken out to pull the fire brick and clean the top end but long enough to bridge the gap. Maybe the inside liner has warped and the tube is too short to bridge the wider gap.

No warping on the inside liner. Maybe it's just a case of a short tube, either way I'll give ESW a call tomorrow.
Thanks guys.

I think the questions was, does not something hold them in??

One screw per tube on the left hand side. The front tube (right side) seems to come up a bit short of the hole.
Edit: It's weird because all was well until two weeks ago. almost as if someone broke into my house a grind the darn thing down. :lol:

My guess is you reversed the tube when you put it back and the hole at the other end is in a different location relative to the length.

Status
Not open for further replies.