burn tube order

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

Nov 23, 2005
Connecticut
Hi, I took my secondary burn tubes out to replace my baffle and I forgot to keep track of the order they were in. My Bennington has 3 tubes with progressively larger holes. I can figure out the middle one :).
Thanks for the help,

Rick

Just a guess, but I'd say big ones to the back? Reason being primary air usually comes in from the front top (air wash on the glass) so the front tube needs less secondary air than the back one. Then again I could think of other reasons why it would be the opposite :). You can always put it in that way and call the dealer or manufacturer to verify whenever they are next available. Is that info in your owners manual?

No, it's not in the manual. Of course, I put the smallest in the back. Seems to be working well, but I'm not getting much off the front tube. I called my dealer today, but I got their service departments voicemail. I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Rick

I'd help but I have the Mansfield. My rear tube holes seem to be a bit smaller but not much.
I think it is stove specific and you really need to get them to tell you or go by and look at one that is your specific model.
Great stove though!

Happiness is having pictures of the tubes, the hole angles, and the placement in my manual.

Yep, go look at one at the dealer's place. Only way to get'em back in there right.

I'll be taking a pic of mine to save for future reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.