Burning 2 x 4's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDad01

Nov 27, 2005
Makes the fireplace burn awful HOT, but is there a problem with burning end cuts (I am finishing off another room) from the 2 x 4's I am using ? Also, how about cuts off the bottom of doors, etc... This is the fireplace IN the family room...
thanks

MrDad01 said:
Makes the fireplace burn awful HOT, but is there a problem with burning end cuts (I am finishing off another room) from the 2 x 4's I am using ? Also, how about cuts off the bottom of doors, etc... This is the fireplace IN the family room...
thanks

Best bet is to mix it with other "real" wood, as overheating and spitting of sparks can be a hassle. Also, if bottoms of doors they probably have a lot of glue, plywood, etc....not too good

Of course, perhaps you have solid wood doors which might be another story

Status
Not open for further replies.