Burning my new BBK Ultra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
This will be the third month burning the BKUltra two months March ,April 2011,small fires only,and about a month now small stick fires. Well I fired her up last night at 5pm with about 6 or 7 ash splits none bigger than 3 inches got the fire roaring,engaged the cat I think and she burned till 11am this morning before the cat probe went in the inactive zone.The stovetop was around 450-500 and the cat probe was at 2 O'clock is this considered a good burn? I am new to a cat stove and trying to figure things out,my house went with a window open to 75,and cooled to 72 in the morning hours. My stove setting was 1.5. Any BK owners if you can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it,this website is awesome as are the people who post here every visit is a learning experience.

Sounds like all is well!
You're going to love it!

Sounds like your doing everything right and sounds like a typical BK burn, wait til its frigid and you load it to the gills with some oak or locust, you'll be impressed.

Great burn.
Love the "open windows", tough to regulate temps in a good insulated home when you get long burn times.
I haven't had to open windows lately, but 3 weeks ago, same for me, open some windows in the daytime, but the fresh air is a good thing. IMO
Stove wants to heat the house, can't find fault with that. :)

I turn the stove all the way down instead of opening a window. You can turn the tstat right back up when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.