Burning season is on its way

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gmule

Feeling the Heat
Feb 9, 2011
Conifer Colorado
Who else is getting the fall weather. The last few weeks it has been getting down in the mid 40's over night. It won't be long before the first snow is on the ground and the fires are in the woodstove.

Woke up a few days ago to 40::F at about 7 a.m., and almost had a small fire.
Forecast for the next week is upper 70's/days and 50's/nights, then at least a couple weeks of upper 60's/days, lower 50's/nights.
Just about 4-5 weeks to go before we have a fire, and maybe longer. Last week of Sept. is usually light it up time.
The maple next to the house has just started dropping a few leaves.

Awesome, I love this time of year

Thought about having a fire the other morning. A friend called me and said he had a fire going.

With the exception of a few days, we've had fall (or spring) weather all summer. Me and my tomatoes miss the heat.

Here too but that is pretty much a normal Alaska summer. I think it got in the upper 70s a couple times but that was about it. Now we are in the low to mid 60s during the day and low 40s at night.

I usually wait another month or so to start burning. It takes very little to heat my house when it's warm out so I end up wasting wood and making the house 95*. Even in the middle of winter when it's -20* out the Blaze King will hold my house at 70* with ease with the air cut all the way off.

We've had some 40's at night (43 the low I think) and can't wait until they come back. We're in a heat wave here but there is still lots of summer left.

The nights are starting to cool off but like Sav said there is plenty of summer left, I've seen September be our best month years past. Dropping down to 43 tonight.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.