Buying our first stove ... looking at a Kozy heat "Woodland" or Harman "Accentra"?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lukretia

Jul 31, 2008
N.E. PA
We are buying our first pellet stove and are considering a Kozy heat "Woodland". I think they used to be called "Olivia", but are now only for wood pellets. I am not sure if it is a good stove, the price is good, 2099$.
Anybody have any experience with them?
We were also looking at the Harman Accentra, I know this is a good stove,
but it is a quite expensive at 3615$.
Any advice is welcome

Thanks
Lukretia

I do not know much about the Kozy heat “Woodland” stove, but we did buy the Harman Accentra May3rd.
Does the $3615.00 price for the accentra include tax pipe etc?
We paid $3000.00 with tax and all the pellet pipe, I am doing the install myself.

The price for the Accentra is only for the stove, not even tax included. I thought that was very high, of course now that there is such a shortage in Harman stoves they can pretty much ask what they want. They had a few of them in stock and they probably will sell them no problem even at that price.
Installation is 500$ not including pipe and so on.
By the time I buy pellets and a hearthpad I am going to be close to 5000$.
How many tons should I get to heat the upstairs of a bi-level (ca. 1000 sq.ft.)?

Lukretia

Okay, we decided on a Harman Accentra, I found that there were Problems with the Kozy Heat when it was still sold as "oliva", who knows if they fixed that. I just feel more comfortable with the Harman Accentra. We ordered today and are supposed to get it the end of October. Thanks to your reply on this forum I found a place where the Accentra was not that expensive and the dealer did not take advantage of this shortage to gouge the customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.