bypass damper alarm vid

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

taxidermist

Minister of Fire
Mar 11, 2008
Fowlerville MI
That is something I would like to ad to my boiler. But I think I will have a countdown timer that trips a loud alarm after thirty minutes or so of the damper being open.

That way I will know if the damper was left open when I am upstairs and won't have to double check it after I go to bed!

I use a similar setup. Stack lights work great for this. There is a similar lever that operates a switch. I have lights for the bypass, stack temp, and circulator all in the same stack. I can email pics to someone if they would not mind posting them for me. (wife is on the computer so all I have is an iPod.

Status
Not open for further replies.