Calling all heat hogs - consumption check time.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyTheBear

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2008
Standish, ME
Today is March 2, 2012 and there are about 59 days left to the end of my heating season.

Bag number 175 is currently 1/3 into the hopper.

Are the rest of you set for the season and ready to go stash rebuilding?

I don't think I even cracked 100 yet! I'll do an official count next time I'm down there filling the beast!

As of March 1st, 246 bags, 2 stoves, zero oil and nice n warm!

Tom

Wow Smokey, we're almost dead even, I think I'm at 161. I'm working through 20 bags I grabbed when I finished ton #3 not to long ago.

Bag 169 in stove. 1 ton MWP being delivered Wednesday which will carry me into 2012-2013.

I have bags 217-219 in the hopper right now. I have plenty to finish this season. Looking to buy 4 tons come spring. I am not sure when I will shut her down for good but hope 30 more bags will do it.

Not a 'hog' but WOW! I'm staying toasty warm but no where near the usage you all have gone thru ;) I'm on bag ***53*** :) Wouldn't be that high if I hadn't wasted time/money on 12 bags of Greenway :(

went through about 111 bags and a fresh ton still sitting there.

We only started burning Dec 23rd with the installation of our stove.

Used 100 gallons of fuel oil prior to the stove and a smidge for 2 days waiting to install a part on the stove.

Just put bag # 127 in the hopper at 4PM. I recently updated my signature line including the new 2 tons of GT's. Scouring Craigs List for steals too.

I'm on bag 150 or so, I've got about 2 tons of good pellets left okies and cubex, and about 15 bags of blazers..

So I think i will get some shoulder for the rest of the year.

End of April I will stock up the bunker.

I've only been burning my stove for a bit over four weeks since my February 6 install. I've been burning about 8 bags per week.

Turmans - 24 bags
Stove Chow - 4 bags (testing)
Powerhouse - 1 bag in the stove and 3 more to go (testing)

Nowhere close to pig status, but I'll get there! :coolcheese:

Bag 117 is in the hopper -- I've got 33 bags left.

I'll probably pick up one more ton to finish out the season. Our oil usage is WAY down, and I couldn't be happier.

Bag #138 in the hopper and 62 left on my property. Have another ton of somersets waiting for my disposal, but will likely end up in the front
line for next season. 0 fuel oil used and happy as a pig!

94 bags.. But I have burned quite a bit of wood.

Burned about 4.5 ton last season. (4 ton previous seasons).

Been nice and toasty. With quite the reduction in pellet consumption. Thanks to the wood eater and a warmer winter.

Bag #106 in hopper and 48 left, nice and toasty and not burning oil.

73 burned or in the hopper, 18 left. I'm planning on buying only what I need to get through this season because the plan is to rearrange my storage situation this summer and don't want to have to move to many.

Three and three quarter tons burned. Gave a ton away, have one and quarter tons left. Will start my refill once I get done paying taxes. My goal is five tons of MWP. Maybe a couple tons of the softwood pellets for the below zero times. Then may think about additional back up.

Going by my unaccurate notes, Ive burned 137 bags.....Dino fuel turned on 3 times(that I know about)..I open the curtains when its sunny.Weird thing is I think I drank about the same number of beers....go figure. Stash.... 35 Spruce Pointe,8 Prest-to -Logs... :coolsmile:

Attachments

• beer-fire.jpg
    beer-fire.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 506
104 bags. Been burning since October 1. I have not used propane at all and I have been re-stocking the stash consistently for future years. I have enough pellets for the next two Winters.

My totals used so far 96 bags! (might have been a few bags more-I heated with cord wood during the October mega storm for 5 days=aprox 4 bags of pellets?)!

4 O'Malleys
28 Green Teams
7 Power House
39 Stove Chow
4 Lignetics Green
4 Cubex
3 Platinum Fire
2 Geneva's
2 Premier
2 Mc Feeters
1 Misc(no name brand)

What's left in the stash 154 bags!

2 Misc softwoods
2 MWP
2 Nations Choice
2 Fireside Ultra's
2 Premier softwoods
4 Turmans
4 Lignetics Green
46 Cubex
48 Hamers
20 Green Teams
11 Stove Chow
2 Penningtons Natures Heat
9 Power House

i have no idea how many bags of pellets i used. how do you keep track? tally marks on a list? or do you open 1 ton at a time and just figure it out be how many bags you have left? i usually open all my pellets at delivery time, so i can restack them 2 tons high. i fit more in the garage that way. i've fit 16 tons in 1 side of the 2 car garage. nowhere near that now but i have plenty to finish off this season, and 4 tons towards next years stash.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Calling all heat hogs - consumption check time.

Less than I thought, but I don't have an exact count. 3+ tonsish.

I do know I drank 96oz of beer tonight. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.