Can a bad combustion fan gasket cause a #2 error on a Breckwell

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiver

Jan 28, 2011
Western Ma
I did a big cleaning on my stove the other day and ripped the gasket that goes between the fan and the housing. My stove will sometimes run for days then shut down with the #2 blinking. Now it runs only a couple hours or minutes before shutting down. I ordered a new gasket from Breckwell for $4.95 +$15 shipping and I hope it comes in soon. I think I cleaned everything on this stove from the chimney cap down to the little tube that has the vacuum sensor. Will the torn gasket cause the #2 error and if so why is it so unpredictable??

In answer to the thread title yes. Why is it unpredictable, because of everything else that enters into air flow considerations.

Status
Not open for further replies.