CAN A Big decorative WALL MOUNTED Oscillating FAN be improved on?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
well I won't pivot enough for me to feel the fan. and is louder than the one downstairs.
same type but diff years made
It cant be moved easily is HEAVY AND awkward . The fan needs to pivot more toward me....
Hubby will scream of I even suggest as he over runned. now with stuff to do A Ceiling fan is 10 feet away too here when we moved in]=]]]
. got a cheap on closer by but its louder than heck and it too runs loud
Shop Harbor Breeze 23-in Bronze Outdoor Downrod Mount ...below is a screenshot from "duck duck go" search engine images
I dent know why is called that unless this is wrong pic as ours , the fan is mounted to wall at corner
"

Harbour Breeze wall fan.jpeg

Have not a clue although I think Walmart sells those individual fans that you clip on different things and don't know if it would be large enough for the action you want it for...clancey

COME ON GUYS. someone bound to know something? Thanks
Hi,

You may get more suggestions if you provide a few more details of the problem. Are you sitting at a desk, couch, bed, etc. Where is the fan in relation to you? how far away

Realistically speaking, it sounds like this fan isn't working for you in the current location, so you'll need to either move it or get a different fan.

Lots of portable fans out there, some are quieter than others and it's really hit or miss. I have bought a few claiming to be "super quiet" that turned out to be pretty obnoxious and I have a few others with no special claims about sound level that are whisper quiet and I can use when sleeping.

If the ceiling fan is too small for the room you may be able to swap in some longer paddles. Also check the ceiling fan direction switch, if it is in "winter mode" spinning backwards then you will not feel as much air movement.

Reactions: clancey
already got the NICE decorative Wall fan. but it won oscillate enough for me to feel the "breeze" I got enough dust collecting knock over taking up table and floor space fans. That why I bought this one. Any FAN engineers out there??? This wall fan is about 10 feet away from my sleep area.... did change ceiling fan direction that only helped TINY amount. TWO fans in this combination room can't change bed configuration. And wall fan is heavy and a Pain in the butt to install or move. thanks. Come on FAN electrical experts!!!!. Please pretty please

already got the NICE decorative Wall fan. but it won oscillate enough for me to feel the "breeze" I got enough dust collecting knock over taking up table and floor space fans. That why I bought this one. Any FAN engineers out there??? This wall fan is about 10 feet away from my sleep area.... did change ceiling fan direction that only helped TINY amount. TWO fans in this combination room can't change bed configuration. And wall fan is heavy and a Pain in the butt to install or move. thanks. Come on FAN electrical experts!!!!. Please pretty please

The hurricane isn't decorative, it's actually a greenhouse fan. It is definitely a pain in the butt to move.