Can I clean the enamel of my overfired stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulestuart

Oct 9, 2009
NW Washington
Hey all,
Happy new year. Just fired up the stove and foolishly left the start up intake open as I went out to get more wood. Needless to say I had a warm stove very quickly. So warm that it burned the enamel on top of the stove. Left a big brown spot right on top of the stove. I will wait til it cools down before trying to clean, but I'm wondering if (how) I can clean it off or if there is a repair of some kind that I can do to repair the enamel?
Thanks,
Paul

Bummer. Porcelain is a glass finish. It's not easy to repair. Let it cool down completely before doing anything.

What stove is this ? Can you add the stove to your signature?

Ah, thx.. What color stove? Our little red 602 has seen some high temps that changed the red to brown, but the color returned when the stove cooled.

Status
Not open for further replies.