Can I replace my fireplace insert with a wood burning insert after a little construction?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PHARO

Jan 26, 2009
midwest
My home currently has a really cheap fireplace insert. It doesnt work very well and common sense tells me its dangerous. I have included some pictures of this, what I want to do is take out the insert and construct a "firebox"? To place a wood burning inser into and hook up toe the triple wall 8" flu that is currently there. I like the look of the insert a lot and dont mind having to construct something to install properly. If any one can give me some solid advice I would really appreciate it. Hopefully you understand what I mean.

thank

Attachments

• dscn1841.jpg
    dscn1841.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 98
  • dscn1842.jpg
    dscn1842.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 101
  • dscn1843.jpg
    dscn1843.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 115
Welcome PHARO. If you go to the perfect picture forum. Look at the top of the page labeled announcement's. It tells you how to prepare pics for the net. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.