Can you give it a marketable name?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
There has been lots of talk about Woodstock's new hybrid stove that will become available, hopefully by Spring. Of course the Frankenstove has been used since they started building it. In another thread I suggested having hearth.com folks come up with a possible name or even more than one possible name and then submitting it to Woodstock. In that thread, Like a Rock came up along with some others.

What would you name this big stove?

FIRESTORM

MORRISEY HYBRID (like this one)

DRAGON'S BREATH

GREEN KING (green for the efficiency and fuel supply, king for the size)

Lee, don't fire me yet! I haven't even been hired.

Don't worry dennis... You'll be able to keep your job as our spokesman/unofficial sales rep/ and dare I say "mascot" lol

Woodstock Grandview

Merlin.

:)

nh_stovebuilder said:
Don't worry dennis... You'll be able to keep your job as our spokesman/unofficial sales rep/ and dare I say "mascot" lol

For a guy that was scared to death about your return policy because he would be buying the stove long before the burning season, yeah Dennis I have a long memory, he seems to be your major online sales agent these days.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:

I like that! It rolls off the tongue without being too edgy. Gives a hint of the tricks it uses that no one else has or does. That it is a new idea that hasn't been tried or made to work by anyone else.

Steve

On edit: DUOBLAZE is a good one also.

BrotherBart said:
nh_stovebuilder said:

For a guy that was scared to death about your return policy because he would be buying the stove long before the burning season, yeah Dennis I have a long memory, he seems to be your major online sales agent these days.

It's the free soapstone scraps they're giving him as a commission. And the vest. I'd just die to have one of those purple vests. You get one free after the first 100 referrals.

JK, Dennis. If you love the things that much, nothing wrong with a little proselytizing.

BrotherBart said:
nh_stovebuilder said:

BB, we have not forgotten. In fact, I talked about this to several folks at Woodstock at the recent bbq party and I've talked to others about it from time to time. The best one was on the day of the bbq, it was getting late and several folks were leaving. A small group of us were by the PT Cruiser that had a Fireview inside ready to haul to Wisconsin (btw, they made it home in good shape). The PT Cruiser had the rear door open and a lady was sitting there. My poor body was a bit tired of standing so I sat down beside her.

Naturally we ended up in a conversation and we had a good time. I thought this lady might have been connected to Woodstock but she did not have a name tag on. No matter though rather she was with Woodstock or not. I recall that Tom eventually wandered over in our direction but I thought nothing of it. I do remember though that something was said that made me say something like, "To tell the truth, I bad mouthed Woodstock on hearth.com." Boy, she perked right up and even called me a name (in fun though). Someone else at that time said something and called my name and when she heard, "Dennis," her eyes opened wide and she looked shocked. She said, "You mean you are the 'real Dennis'? Wow!" I don't recall what else that was said but this was typical of my two days at Woodstock. Later, I found out that I had been talking to the owner's wife.

Oh, btw BB, on that return policy, that was worked out before the sale. lol

Battenkiller said:
BrotherBart said:
nh_stovebuilder said:

It's the free soapstone scraps they're giving him as a commission. And the vest. I'd just die to have one of those purple vests. You get one free after the first 100 referrals.

JK, Dennis. If you love the things that much, nothing wrong with a little proselytizing.

Ah, you remember my wife carrying some of these around. Trouble is, she gave all of them away before the end of the party so we got none.

~*~vvv~*~ said:
whole concept sounds silly 2me=if u burn the stove in non-cat mode for extended periods will it not wear out the cat from heat exposure?

Say what????

Battenkiller said:
Backwoods Savage said:
~*~vvv~*~ said:
whole concept sounds silly 2me=if u burn the stove in non-cat mode for extended periods will it not wear out the cat from heat exposure?

Say what????

From "The Artist Formerly Known As Pook"?
not at all about the "former" but about the future= its a triple u, pronounced by the smack of a kiss & seemingly universal = for all languges..............jimi might be proud

Catstone

~*~vvv~*~ said:
whole concept sounds silly 2me = if u burn the stove in non-cat mode for extended periods will it not wear out the cat from heat exposure?

If true, then possible name suggestion = The Woodstock Silly2Me2? But perhaps stove will have well-designed, well-protected, very durable cat = 9 lives?

The Woodstock Rock of Ages.

Rock of Ages, heat for me,
let me warm myself with thee;
let the cat and manifold,
keep this house from getting cold,
made of stone with loving care;
the gentle heat flows everywhere.

ckarotka said:
Woodstock "Genesis" for the birth of new technology.

That's another good one.

I'm saving my best suggestions until I find out if the originator of the chosen name gets a free stove or not. :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.