Can you stand another CL Gem!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ruserious2008

Jan 24, 2011
NH
OMG I just love these posts!
Its ok if I drop in on a car or two ok chump??? LOL
http://nh.craigslist.org/zip/2702411970.html
I'm even going to repost this sucker for everyone's amusement:)
Free tree , I am located in Nashua , I don't know what kind of tree it is

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
dumbtree.jpg

Oooh ooooh, Mr Kotter! I know what kind of tree it is! It's the kind of tree that costs $3000.00 to have taken down.

If only I lived near Nashua I'd be all over that deal!

Wonder which way it will fall?

Uh, On top of everything in the picture except for the house in the background?!

Littlalex

I check CL here once a week or so just for kicks.About every 3 months since last Fall this same person in a nearby suburb has an ad for a "FREE WALNUT TREE you cut & haul blah blah". Its about 50 ft tall,looks to be 16" or so diameter with a big crown that's hanging over 3 powerlines & next to their house in a very tight backyard. He uses the same pics every time,summer or winter. :lol:

Good luck with that.

I think its funny, the things people post on CL.
Alot of people posting free wood think that those of us who burn wood will take just about anything, and go anywhere to get it.
I check my local CL listing once in awhile for free wood, never know what you'll find.

That looks like some pretty expensive "free" wood from where I'm sitting ;-)

At least he (she?) called it what it is, namely a tree. They often try to call it firewood. It ain't firewood until after it's been felled, bucked, and split (and maybe seasoned).

Status
Not open for further replies.