Canadian Englander parts orders serviced from Canada now

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

donbryce

Jan 8, 2009
NB Canada
I recently ordered some gaskets from Englander, on their website. Having been burned by UPS in the past with extra charges for imported goods handling, I specifically requested USPS shipping instead. I expected a long wait for the parts as it usually takes weeks to get through customs. In about a week, I received the package, Canada Post, from a company in Halifax N.S. Very nice. I re-checked the Englander website, but no mention is made of this way of servicing Canadian orders. I emailed Englander to thank them and point this out. Anyone else in Canada experienced this?

we have a distributer up there who we started working with soon after we started selling through canadian tire stores a couple years back. the biggest purpose for doing this is to avoid having to ship from down here.speeding up service.

its smart business, one of the big caviets in how our model works is to ensure if somthing is needed, get it there fast lest you gain the reputation of being hard to work with. im already "behind the 8 ball" cause i dont have a stand by tech to appear like te cavalry to save the day and kiss the girl (i applied for that position by the way:p ) so you make sure you can get folks up and running "asap!"

besides, Dave Martin, for those who do not know him, is a fantastic addition to the ESW team. knowlegable, diligent and very personable. we couldnt have had a better representative up in the great white north.

It's unfortunate that Canadian Tire doesn't carry maintenance items for the Englander stoves they sell, which appear every year in their flyers and on the store floor. All I've ever seen is the occasional exhaust fan or room air fan motor, never gaskets or ignitors. No wonder they have a rep here, most folks refer to them as crappy tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.