Resolved Cannot search unless logged in

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wachusett

Feeling the Heat
Apr 12, 2010
Wachusett Reservoir, MA.
Just checking the new bells and whistles, and realized there is no search function unless
I am logged in? Am I miising something? This may make the site less inviting to new peeps.

I've seen other forums do that as well probably to cut down on crawlers banging on the search engine. Some get around it by imposing time limits while others throw up captchas. Some forums don't let you see attachments if you don't have an account.

We love our lurkers here. It is being looked into.

I just did. The first time I've been here on a computer instead of a phone, so I wasn't logged in when I started reading.

Craig fixed it.

What is it the Air Force says? The difficult we do right away. The impossible takes a little longer.

Craig's busting his ass for all of us...has been for quite some time now...he deserves a hell of a lot of credit and thanks for a job exceptionally well done so far...and he's not finished yet. Thanks, Boss!

Reactions: GAMMA RAY and pen
Craig's busting his ass for all of us...has been for quite some time now...he deserves a hell of a lot of credit and thanks for a job exceptionally well done so far...and he's not finished yet. Thanks, Boss!

No doubt about that. I'm up in the middle of the night a lot, leave for work at 1-1:30. I don't think he's been to bed in a week.

Reactions: pen
No doubt about that. I'm up in the middle of the night a lot, leave for work at 1-1:30. I don't think he's been to bed in a week.

And that is why I spend time on this forum. Craig definitely cares and wants it right.

Here! Here! I'm still finding small touches that amaze me . . . such as the "Like" button. Very cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.