canopy stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

valdesino

Oct 19, 2009
Upper Mid West
I am considering buying a Dovre stove for a house in England but I don't especially like the aesthetics of the canopy that comes with it.
Will the stove function ok if I do without it. I know there is a "bump"on the top of the stove which is a heat exchanger so i know it doesn't have a flat top like say a jotul or vermont castings one, but does it affect the stove's functioning, notably circulation of heat significantly, if there is no canopy.

Normally it is not ok to modify the stove. What model Dovre?

I understand logic and general prudence in not modifying the stove (or any equipment) without reference to manufacturer/designer, but my question is what is essential about the canopy for optimal/ good stove functioning

According to Dovre, the canopy is an option on this stove. It's decorative and doesn't come with it standard. The smoke dome "bump" is required. It's where the flue take off is.

http://www.dovre.co.uk/html/canopy-2400.html

Attachments

• Dovre 2400 insert.jpg
    Dovre 2400 insert.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 213
Status
Not open for further replies.