Can't find the slider damper...M55 Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonfan49

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2011
Essex Jct. Vermont
So my Enviro tech said he would be happy to check my Slider Damper but suggested I do it myself before he comes out and puts the gauge to it. He said " Remove the metal panel on the left side, make very small changes......" What the Pellet!!! The metal panel is atached to the sliding top? Is it by any chance...on the other side of the surround? Thanks, Bill

OK...I found it!!! Down near the bottom to the left, a metal slider piece with a hole in the end of the piece. I assume that pulling it out increases the air? Bill

bostonfan49 said:
OK...I found it!!!........I assume that pulling it out increases the air? Bill

Yes, on most pellet stoves pulling the damper control out increases the combustion air. I don't know how long the adjustment rod on that stove is, but I'd suggest making adjustments approx. 1/2" at a time.....and give the stove about 20-30 minutes to "adjust" before making any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.