Can't keep a secret

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leslielou

Sep 29, 2012
Tonight, my dad asked me if I want his 1969 Mach 1 cobra jet engine perfect condition, original and recently restored mustang. I'm 31 and he just retired so I didn't expect this transfer in ownership for many years, if at all. My dad bought this car when I was 13 and his memory will always be tied to it. I told him I would love to have his car.

Here's a picture of almost the exact same car. His is manual with red interior and same color as picture in link with same exterior features.

http://www.google.com/search?q=1969...&hl=en&client=safari#biv=i|8;d|QM6jlWL6OuS6RM:
(look at picture #9-cherry red car)
Im not allowed to tell my mom yet, which means I'm basically not allowed to tell anyone. :) hopefully someone here will share my excitement. I feel honored my dad would bestow such a gift and responsibility to me!

Any other classic car owners or buffs on the hearth?

Schwing! Not a car buff, but I was the day that car was made. Love it. Care for it. And once a year go out on a nice day and put your foot in it.

Dad is doing estate tax planning. A good thing. One sold a year or so ago for fifty grand.

I havent determined if I can reach the gas pedal yet :p hopefully I'll get to drive it, but I'm not sure they were making cars for the five foot set back then

Nice! My father has a car we like to call "Timmy's college education." He told my youngest brother if he completed one year of college he would pay for the rest. Tim completed one year of college and my father promptly bought his collector's car.

Nice! My father has a car we like to call "Timmy's college education." He told my youngest brother if he completed one year of college he would pay for the rest. Tim completed one year of college and my father promptly bought his collector's car.

President of the first company I worked for had a kid that was in college. Forever. Back in the seventies Mercedes diesels were rare very expensive animals and the boss bought one. He told his kid that if he would just graduate he would give him the car. What he didn't realize was that the kid was already eligible for three degrees but loved living at home spending dad's money and playing at school.

The next day he applied for one of the degrees and took the car. ;lol

Reactions: ~*~Kathleen~*~
Great deal! I had a maroon '67 Mustang with a 289, factory headers and black leather interior. I loved that car. Had to sell it becasue the insurance was waaaaaay too spendy. Now it is worth 20 times what I sold it for. The lawyer I sold it to, his wife wrapped it around a power pole three months later ;(...

I have my dads 1952 Triumph Thunderbird motorcycle, original bill of sale too. Dad is 86 now, enjoy it and hopefully someone after you feels the same way. I figure when I'm gone it will be sold or scrapped.............

So I guess the car is now considered priceless!

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Very nice. No classic cars here, but I've always loved
them . . . especially the older Mustangs. Very sharp.

If I'm lucky I may inherit my dad's 1996 Subaru Forester. ;)

Reactions: Eatonpcat
A 69 Mach was my first "favorite" muscle car. I've never had one but they are still at the top of the list.
Their styling is hard to beat, shaker hood, four head lights and the scoop in the rear quarter.
I have had a 70 Torino GT convertible numbers matching 351 4V Cleveland and a 69 numbers matching 400 Firebird convertible.
Enjoy the car and for sure let it stretch its legs every now and then.

73 Challenger. Owned it since 1990.

Have fun with that car. Respect it. There is no replacement for cubic displacement.:cool:

My brother has a 73 or 74 challenger convertible. We used to make fun of him when he bought that clunker 25 years ago. He spent years lovingly restoring it, and now nobody laughs :oops:

Reactions: Jags
My brother has a 73 or 74 challenger convertible. We used to make fun of him when he bought that clunker 25 years ago. He spent years lovingly restoring it, and now nobody laughs :oops:
That's awesome. My husband has a 1970 plymouth cuda (383) that he's restoring. It's an expensive labor of love, but will be well worth it in the end. And, we have 2 boys so we can gift 2 fabulous cars at some point in our lifetime.

A 69 Mach was my first "favorite" muscle car. I've never had one but they are still at the top of the list.
Their styling is hard to beat, shaker hood, four head lights and the scoop in the rear quarter.
I have had a 70 Torino GT convertible numbers matching 351 4V Cleveland and a 69 numbers matching 400 Firebird convertible.
Enjoy the car and for sure let it stretch its legs every now and then.
As long as I can reach the pedals :) its manual so I have to be able to shift. It sounds like you have some cool cars too!

My dad did the Woodward dream cruise in Michigan this year...anyone ever been? I don't particularly care for car shows but my husband says I need to change my attitude now :)

Reactions: milleo
I inherited my dad's lawn mower and the lawn to cut for mom.

Reactions: rideau
I inherited my dad's lawn mower and the lawn to cut for mom.
I figure I'm in for a long haul too since I'm an only child and will have to take care of my parents on my own.
Hopefully, it's an enjoyable lawn mower and a fun lawn? :p

A 69 Mach and a 70 'Cuda.....two prime examples of the heyday of Detroit muscle. That garage is going to look awesome some day.

Reactions: Leslielou
My dad has a beautiful pair of '67 Camaro straight six cylinder convertibles. Both were frame off restorations years ago. My kid sister drove one of them every day to high school before it was restored, so its passing down to her. But there's five of us siblings, and I'm not in line for the other one, which is probably going to be sold some time soon.<>

Ouch! Sorry to hear that convertible is not headed your direction!

If I can't drive the mustang due to being so short, I'm going to lobby my husband for a karmann this convertible :) they look just my size!

Nice car. make sure he takes care of it for you.

Schweeeeeeeeet car. I've always been into classic euro sportscars more (old Alfa's, British roadsters, Porsche's etc) but I'd never say no to a classic Mustang! (that would be one my short list of American muscle Id love a chance to own someday along with a 2nd gen 'Vette and a Shelby Cobra).

Status
Not open for further replies.