carb adjustment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marreque

Feb 22, 2010
Fall River, Massachusetts
just did muffler mod on my ms290. now how the he11 my sposed to adjust the carb with the limit caps. so what im asking is how to remove them? what is the process?

just use a dry wall screw screw it into the caps and line the slot up and pull them out

on my saw there are these plastic tubes that you slide a screwdriver down to adjust carb. are u saying i have to take the whole top cover off to do this??

marreque said:
on my saw there are these plastic tubes that you slide a screwdriver down to adjust carb. are u saying i have to take the whole top cover off to do this??

I dont have a 290 in front of me but you should be able to remove the rubber insert pretty easy with the top off where the carb. is
then remove the rubber sleeve then the 2 caps are right there so you can screw a drywall screw into the cap and line it up and pull it out.

afterwards here how you tune it
http://web.archive.org/web/20051018212959/www.madsens1.com/sawtune.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.