Carpet spilt woods was around 2 cords, stacked/ pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Stacked the wood today.
1st row is 15' 7" X 7.5' on the left side & 8' 4" high on the right side. 17" splits. about 1-1/3 cords
Added another 1/2 row in front of it with a foot space between them, will get pictures of it when I have better light. Got dark on me.

100_7424.JPG
100_7425.JPG

100_7427.JPG

100_7428.JPG100_7433.JPG

Looks good Dave. Keep right after it. That carpet worked out good and now it's stacked. I think you said the garden was around the bend.

This section 2014/15 wood . Need to get 3 to 4 more cord.
Rain forecast for today, glad it's under the roof. back , side, front pics
100_7438.JPG 100_7437.JPG 100_7436.JPG

Dave, I think you've covered this before but why the hitch so high?

Dave, I think you've covered this before but why the hitch so high?
Well it is set up for the log splitter & the big wood hauling trailer to move around in the yard.. I just didn't take it off to haul the little trailer for moving the wood. I just got the project done with the big trailer, next time, I'll use the lower hitch.
Answer: I was being lazy :)

Reactions: ScotO
Gee, I'm not the only one?

Nice job on the wood Dave, awesome view.

zap

Reactions: ScotO
Looks good bogydave, and I'm with zap. I love the background in those pics!

Interesting to see the angled pieces (to fit the stack against the shed braces).
It was my solution in my shed, too, to a problem I hadn't thought out when I designed the shed.
I also had the choice of using short or ugly pieces to make the stack fit against the brace.
I don't see any short pieces in your stacks. Do you hide them in another pile?
Thanks for the pics!

Interesting to see the angled pieces (to fit the stack against the shed braces).
It was my solution in my shed, too, to a problem I hadn't thought out when I designed the shed.
I also had the choice of using short or ugly pieces to make the stack fit against the brace.
I don't see any short pieces in your stacks. Do you hide them in another pile?
Thanks for the pics!

I used a few of the good ones in the corners, but most are in a pile for cook out wood at the fire pit & sometimes I burn the bigger shorter ones like now for shoulder season, they dry faster.
I rarely get any big rounds like the 20" ones I had, the nice square & rectangle splits worked good for the brace & at the top to stack it to the plywood on the roof. I had a few round that I got 8 splits out of, was kind of fun to have some big birch & have splits like I see in many of stacks posted here.
I notice that stacking it like I did around the brace made the pile more stable too.

Hey Dave do you need more wood? I am getting 10 cords of log length in a few weeks and I might have too much for the room I have to stack it. I think I have room for maybe 4-5 cords and another cord is going to a friend..

The guy I talked to quoted me $1200 and he guarantees at least 9 cords, but it's almost always 10-11.

Hey Dave do you need more wood? I am getting 10 cords of log length in a few weeks and I might have too much for the room I have to stack it. I think I have room for maybe 4-5 cords and another cord is going to a friend..

The guy I talked to quoted me $1200 and he guarantees at least 9 cords, but it's almost always 10-11.

Always need more wood :)
I'll PM you & if it works out you have too much, we may work something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.