Castile door gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gog222

Sep 2, 2008
MD
Got a question..i need to replace the door gasket on my Quad castile. Should a get the factory gasket or the after market one which is abbout $20 cheaper? The old on is pretty raggy and shredded. I noticed my flame was a little lazy near the end of the season. my stove is 4 years old.

is this common to replace this gasket on a regular basis every couple of years?

thanks in advance..love this site!

Gary

I just replaced mine last season and it was the aftermarket type gasket. I asked for a new gasket from my stove dealer, and that is what he gave me. It works great.

The gasket already comes with a pre-installed adhesive tape. Take old gasket off, clean glass well and use a scraper to get all the old adhesive off, and then cut to length and press on. Make sure that you put new gasket on in the same pattern as the old gasket.

FYI - After installing the new gasket, the stove smelled the next few times I used it. I'm guessing it was the adhesive.

Good Luck

thanks Buck!! that was the answer i was looking for! i will let you know how it turns out!

Gary

As far as I know that gasket is only available from Quadrafire, so only available from Quad dealers. What is the aftermarket as I am always looking for cheaper parts.

When i went on the internet looking for the factory gasket, woodheatstoves.com came up. They had the factory gasket at $59 and an aftermarket gasket for $39.. the shipping is $15. I am going to try my local dealer first, with shipping that might be cheaper..i will let you know..

I took a look at there alternative, I guess the only way to know would to give it a try. I couldn't tell if it had the self sticking tape gasket or if you have to use your own adhesive. BTW, 10' is enough to do your door 3 times. I sell the factory stuff at my place at $50 for 10'.

Balls of Fire where are you located, Im in the Southern tier of NY also.

i'm happy to ship most items usps for a lot less, gaskets for example
the system is set up to ship ups, because many items can Only be shipped that way.

also will offer Hearth.commers a $break

industry folks, if you want a source for the aftermarket tadpole gasket, let me know--but you'd need to buy 1000' or more

skidozer said:
Balls of Fire where are you located, Im in the Southern tier of NY also.
Hornell area, the big town of Arkport actually

I know where that is been there I work in Wellsville.

What is the name of your store, I didn't know they sold stoves over there.

skidozer said:

Kilbury's Feed Service, the names misleading. feedstoreandmore.com if you wanna check it out, site is a little old and is being redesigned right now.

balls of fire said:
skidozer said:

Kilbury's Feed Service, the names misleading. feedstoreandmore.com if you wanna check it out, site is a little old and is being redesigned right now.

Nice site and decent prices on the pellets. I see you have Keystone? But the link is to Allegheny. Whats your take on them? I have 2 of last seasons batch to sample later this season. Just wondering what you though of them.

Keystones are same pellet differant bag. That whole name game again. I like them, we try to sell quality stuff, granted anyone can have a bad batch here and there. I think most of my customers like them, I've never had any complaints and sell all I can get.

My flame got a little lazy, and i noticed that if I push in on my door the flame got better. I just went around my door gasket and pinched it to fluff it up a little, and the flame looks great now.

Status
Not open for further replies.