Cawley Lemay wood stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlightning

Burning Hunk
Feb 28, 2011
Southeast PA
My dad has a Cawley Lemay 4 leg wood stove that he is going to give me that is in good shape. I know nothing about this brand of wood stove and was wondering if anyone could give me some info/experience w/ this wood stove. I was thinking of setting it up in my basement to partially heat the house...not sure how big of a space it can handle...my house is approx 2500sq ft. Thanks in advance for any info given!

And the 800 on the PDF link on that first link... It has an OAK input (outdoor air kit) with two air draft controls, one on either side, letting you burn the wood down from the left or right side--and the air whisks by the fireback/flue to pre-heat it. Most fascinating!

The box stoves are true collectors items, IMHO.

That is one of the few pre-EPA stoves which I would gladly install in my own house (given the right setting!)......

I was honored to know Bob Cawley personally and I even had him work on some stoves for me when I owned Upland.

I never knew that my dad purchased the stove locally and that these stoves will eventually I would assume be collector items. Its a really good looking stove w/ the artwork from Martha Cawley on the sides of the stove puts it over the top...I think its a 600 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.