"CC" respond please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnn

Dec 8, 2008
so.Ill
need info on "woodchuck" burners

Two work assoc... have had unwanted draft through combustion air fan`s, making burn`s in mild temp`difficult. Blocked off and use manual draft instead.(not woodchuck models) Do you have any problem? Can you comment on...shaker and or domestic water option. Can you help me understand, how 78% effeciency
with the 2900 is obtained? It`s function`s seem so similiar to a gas furnace,,,heat up,blow and cool down,,,how are we achieving effeciency or more importantly,not building excessive creo? In general i am not knowleged on these systems, since I havn`t touched one. N of 50 and still have some char surface left

The adjustable plate on forced draft I keep about 1/8 open and have had no problems with burns at any outside temp. My model didn't have the shaker grate option and I have not tried the DHW option although I am considering it but not a burn chamber loop.Mine does build excessive creo and to combat this I raised the blower shut off from 90 to 105 .This didn't completely solve the excessive creo problem but it helped. I also started mixing more coal with wood and this seemed to help with the creo more than anything. Not only less creo but easier to clean chimney as the coal makes the creo more flaky and less tar like.

I hardlry have enough storage for three cord`s, much less any coal.Bring`s up "seasoned" issues and the root of my concern.Also, I would be exhausting through the original Brick stack located in basement near center of floor plan, leaving a lot of footage(must Line it ) I`m not sure best way to install debri trap for sweeping, as this would have to be outside the brick chamber, unless brick`s were removed and replaced with a air tight door. Any thought`s? Would I recieve much ambient heat in basement from unit? TRYing to decide if I should buy a bigger unit and open duct vent`s, or have domestic winter water and add a few baseboard`s. I figure to have enough storage. What options are you ready to use rather than the, "chamber loop"? I have reasonable access and storage for fuel downstair`s , so at least I can check that off. I , thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.