Cedar Swing Set (Beginning to End)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stax

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2010
Southeastern PA
The wife and I promised our 3 year old a swing set for her b-day. The only DIY was prepping the ground and leveling it for the install. Let me tell you...that was plenty. The area measured 29'x26' (754 sq. ft) which was tilled, dug 4 inches down and hand wheeled into the dump truck. 1 night measuring, marking and tilling. 3 long nights digging and a final night tilling and then leveling. We were smart and paid for the install. They installed today and were finished just under 5 hours.

Lot 1.jpgLot 2.jpgLot 3.jpg

Couple years ago I helped my nephew assemble a very similar kit. His two young kids still love it. Lot of fun to watch their anticipation during the construction, and then their unbridled delight when they were first turned loose on it. Good job, Dad! :) Rick

I like the sand base, I weed whacked around ours for years.
(except for when I didn't)

Although it must also be cat litter box heaven. :)

Bill...that's still dirt. We're gonna fill it with rubber mulch and it's gonna be expensive!

Bill...that's still dirt.

Your dirt looks alot different than my dirt. I thought dirt was supposed to be black.

Your dirt looks alot different than my dirt. I thought dirt was supposed to be black.

Here in the upper Midwest it is, some of the most fertile soil on the planet.

That's a very lucky kid stax. I see a zip line in the future.

It's just because the dirt has dried out. Here's fresh dirt, the beginning of a new fire pit.
Firepit 2.jpgFirepit 3.jpg

Even when dry, the fields (or my garden) is still black. As Thistle stated, we have some of the most fertile soil on the planet around here.

Bill...that's still dirt. We're gonna fill it with rubber mulch and it's gonna be expensive!
Ha! I would have guessed you had the nice brown dirt trucked in, I would have expected red clay. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.