Celery & turnip

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
More garden snacks

Attachments

• 100_6589.jpg
    100_6589.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 253
Wow that's impressive! Way to go

Wow you can grow them up there in your short season, is it the really long days?

Hard to beat that Mooseburger with homegrown tomatoes.

Nice! We've harvested rutabagas since June, but have never grown celery. One of these days I'd like to try it. That looks like a really healthy specimen.

Dave, do the moose like the turnips? That is also some very impressive celery.

cptoneleg, you really have to see it to believe it. We were at the Alaska State Fair one year and the veggies are amazing. I think the biggest cabbage that year was only 48 or 50 pounds. Filled a wheelbarrow.

Yes, it is the long sunlight days of summer that does it along with having some good soil and TLC.

Looks like an Awesome crop!

Nice!!! I'm getting 'maters and that's about it. Big plans for next year though! :lol:

Thanks all

Moose like turnips, but like broccoli better. So far I've been lucky & they haven't stopped by for a midnight snack this year. YET :)

Status
Not open for further replies.