Ceramic Tile Screw Hole "Filler"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
I've got a set of indoor shutters on a bathroom window that are looking alittle ragged. The window sill and framing is ceramic tile, with a set of shutters screwed into the sides.

If I take them out, what's the best way to fill the holes? Window is not in direct line of fire from the shower.

I've read auto body filler?

I'd just use tile grout. Mix it from powder or squeeze it pre-mixed from a tube. Available in whatever color suits you to match the tile. If the first squish shrinks in, put on a second. Latex (water-based) = easy peasy cleanup. Available at any decent tile dealer. Leave the Bondo out in the garage. Rick

Reactions: PapaDave
Wowwza, easier than I thought.

They are white !!!

Thanks, Rick !

White...hardware store.

Another eye sore out of the way !!

I'm on a roll :cool:

Caulk also might work well.

Thank you !!! I'll figure it out...........can't wat to get rid of the shutters !

Status
Not open for further replies.