Chain Saw Joke

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

northwinds

Minister of Fire
Jul 9, 2006
south central WI
Probably an old joke but new to me. Or maybe I'm getting old and can't remember having heard it. :)

An old-timer had just turned 75 and had spent almost his whole life in the woods logging, occasionally coming into town for provisions. His two sons chipped in for his first chain saw, which they hoped would make his life considerably easier. Two weeks later, the boys came around to the cabin to see how the old man was making out. They found their father cutting wood by hand, as usual, and the new chain saw was discarded in a corner of the yard.

“Pa, what are you doing?†one of the sons asked. “What’s wrong with the chain saw?â€
“Blamed thing don’t work,†replied the father. “Took me three days to get barely a half cord with it.â€
“That’s strange,†said his son. “Bernie Squires checked it out before he sold it to us and he said it was in perfect shape. Let’s have a look.â€
The son checked the gas and the oil, switched the starter button on, and gave the rope a yank. It started up immediately and the old man jumped in surprise.
“What’s tht god-awful noise?†he yelled.

:lol: I remember my Uncles telling that one.

Yup, heard a version of that about 20 years ago. Frenchman and got hired to cut wood, but same deal with not realizing the saw had an engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.