Chainsaw chaps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator eye

Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Looking to get a pair of chainsaw chaps before........I don't want to speek it a loud and tempt fate.

Any tips or what should I look for before I drop the coin???

You can buy chaps or pants with kevlar inserts. The nice thing about chaps is that you can take them off when you're not using the saw. One downside is they tend to get caught on slash and other obstacles. If you can find a pair with a pocket for a cell phone, that would be good. These days, that might be one of your more important pices of PPE.

Thanks for the link...I got a pair on order.

The video of how the chaps work is impressive.

I bought a pair of the chaps from labonville (they have a coupon out now i think, I just got their catalogue in the mail). They are nice, just on the front but I kind of think I should of bought one size larger (longer), they are kind of short on me and I even have a small 29" inseam.. (I'm 5'5") thankfully, I have never "used" them. :)

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.