Chainsaw - - - - -Chopsaw?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time i have seen it, right nice arrangement in my opinion.

1st time I've seen that method.
I like the idea but I'd want to be the guy loading the truck, not the guy feeding the logs to the table.
If I had small dry stuff like they have, doable but most of my stuff is green & heavy.
Thanks for the video, cool idea.
Talk about "all the exact same length fire wood". They have it nailed. :)

My first time seeing that vid, too.

I like the chain guard, but I can see a chain snapping and contacting the operator.

What's the point of this jury-rig when they could have just held the saw? They had three sets of hands.

TreePointer said:
My first time seeing that vid, too.

I like the chain guard, but I can see a chain snapping and contacting the operator.

My thoughts exactly. I recall many moons ago when a neighbor was running the chainsaw and the chain broke. One bad thing is that he is one of those guys who works with his tongue sticking out. His tongue got split along with his nose and mouth. It wasn't pretty.

This looks real easy on the back. 3 guys does seem a bit of overkill though, Randy

just goes to show people will do almost anything out there to get on youtube.....lol...you gotta love the counterweight on that saw.....the big problem with this set-up is what happens when one of those guys gets his arm against that bar while the saw is idling down?....not a great idea if you ask me...

Status
Not open for further replies.