Chainsaw dealerships?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lowroadacres

Minister of Fire
Aug 18, 2009
MB
Does anyone here at hearth.com work with Husqvarna, Stihl, etc.

I am considering taking my wood heat hobby into the sideline or full time realm by exploring dealership options.

How are the various companies to deal with? Do they have sales reps? How well do they service their distributors?

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this question.

I don't know much but was talking with my buddy that has a small engune repair shop and he just last year took on the dolmar line of saws .
He said he was happy with the saws. He went with them because there is no stihl dealership available so that was not an option. I assume he did not go with husky because they are sold at store with locations all around us called Blain Supply plus a big independant dealer just a few miles from him.
He did say he is not a big fan of husqvarna and likes the dolmar and stihl saws much better, of course it's what you would expect to hear being he sells dolmar and no one around here would respect his opinion anymore if he said stihls were no good.

I would ask about at Arborsite.

Status
Not open for further replies.