Changing pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Avalon Newport Bay pellet insert (small) with a top loading hopper. I have burned Appling County Pellets for a few seasons and find them dirty with lots of ash. I have access to Lignetics (approx $280/ton) (a little high) or Allegheny ($246/ton delivered). I have not burned either. I am afraid if I don't move kind of quick I will lose out.

Burned Dry Creek the first year with the stove and liked them, but my dealer only has Appling County.

Anybody prefer one over the other? (lignetics vs allegheny) Any insight would be appreciated.

If the ACP were OK for you. Either pellet you listed is a big improvement. If Allegheny is more in the price range they are much better than the ACP's. Just about any pellet out there would be better than the ACP for that matter.

How many tons do you burn in a season? Maybe split the order in 2 and Get at least 1 ton of the Lignetics. They were a little ashy for me But had nice heat. Use them in the cold and get some Allegheny for the fall-spring season(shoulders). But I think they are better than a shoulder pellet. I am just using what I have heard on the Allegheny's. I have 2 bags to try but haven't burned them yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.