Cheated on Wood Stove with Gas fireplace.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
I'm sitting here at just under 10,000ft in front of a warm gas fireplace. (I swear the worn letters say "Heatilator"). It's overkill for this small suite or whatever that we are staying in.

Anyway, don't worry, I'll be back to burning my wood stove when I get home late tomorrow night.

Copper Mountain has been a blast (as always), and I'll miss it. Don't think I've seen a deciduous tree since before it got dark on friday night. I almost took a clever picture when I was on a double black diamond, but I was too worried about dying to take the time. I would ski 100 yards and rest on that one. At one point I thought I'd just lay down. Well, you know you are on some steep stuff, when you want to lay down and you just outstretch your arm and lower yourself. While laying there (kinda) I noticed that the trees still looked straight up from my perspective. I thought about rotating the camera to the slope of the hill and posting about these "leaners". Oh well, there's always next year.

Well, I'm back and the stove is cranking. Dad made his goal of skiing 50,000 (+) vertical feet on his 50th birthday. i think he was somewhere just over 53,000. That guy is crazy, IMO.

The pictures don't do it justice. These were taken at around 12,300 or so at copper mountain.

Attachments

• IMAG0086 (Small).jpg
    IMAG0086 (Small).jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 202
  • IMAG0087 (Small).jpg
    IMAG0087 (Small).jpg
    55 KB · Views: 193
I learned to ski on a double diamond
( took my glasses off because they were wet first time up the lift)
I had no idea what trail to take, couldn't read the signs so I took the trail with no people on it.

It was either learn to turn and slow down or die.
I don't recommend the method.

I signed up for lessons shortly after. :)

Didn't fall or splat into a tree, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.