Check out my new wood hauling rig!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendell

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2008
NE Iowa
After years of hauling all of my wood with a wheelbarrow, I finally broke down and got a tractor after I figured out I could buy one with a snowblower cheaper than I could buy the new 2 stage snowblower I was looking at.

Plus, it is a lot more fun than using the wheelbarrow!

IMG_4061.jpg

And you bought a 318. Was that luck or much investigation?

The buddy I cut with is big into JD's and he was the one who was pushing me to get one. I just didn't find it practical for just hauling wood but once it also became my snowblower, I took the plunge.

So, with his advice, I bought the best garden tractor ever!

And what is funny is I then bought a 317 to get the blower and wheel weights. Sold the 317 today.

What's ironic is so much of my yard is covered in wood, I really don't have enough grass left to justify strapping on the 50" deck to mow. :red:

Nice tractor! I have heard nothing but good stuff about the JD 318.
Do you realize that you have a IH Cub Cadet cart hooked to that JD? That cart is a somewhat sought after item to Cub Cadet enthusiasts.

Good news is, that the 318 will barely depreciate, especially the little amount of time you use it. May even go up in value!

Yes, the cart has been repainted but you can still see the IH sticker on the tongue. I could use something bigger, maybe I could find someone who wants it.

For what I paid for it, I can already make a nice ROI. ;-)

You guys really seem to know your tractors. You might find my restore thread interesting.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=183473

[quote author="wendell" date="1304818755"]After years of hauling all of my wood with a wheelbarrow, I finally broke down and got a tractor after I figured out I could buy one with a snowblower cheaper than I could buy the new 2 stage snowblower I was looking at.

Plus, it is a lot more fun than using the wheelbarrow!

Wendell nice setup, our walk behind snowblower is a J/D and it's the best I've ever used.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.