checked out the englander 30-nch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rich81

Dec 10, 2006
what a stove. that is one big firebox, it looks like it is built solid and quite simply. what material is that sitting on top of the burn tubes. this maybe too big for my second stove , but i think i want one. can put a crapload of wood in it!!!

rich81 said:
what material is that sitting on top of the burn tubes.

It is 1/2" ceramic fiber board.

It looks a bit like styrofoam, only it's a little more expensive to replace if you break it by accident... :O)

When that stove gets cranking, and the secondary combustion starts up, it looks like the pits of hell inside that large firebox. Absolutely beautiful!

-SF

For the price there is not much better. Plus the customer service is excellent, some of the big stores have it at a decent price but they don't have the accessories to make the stove really sharp looking. For that just go to the website. I bought one at one of those big stores for a steal at 499, end of season sale of course. It is a heating machine and looks sharp too. Tom Owen is a member here and can tell you everything about this beauty of a stove. Again for the price tough to beat :)

SlyFerret said:
It looks a bit like styrofoam, only it's a little more expensive to replace if you break it by accident... :O)

When that stove gets cranking, and the secondary combustion starts up, it looks like the pits of hell inside that large firebox. Absolutely beautiful!

-SF

Yeah it is.

Attachments

• nc-30kickin.JPG
    nc-30kickin.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 30 first burn 07-08 firebox.jpg
    30 first burn 07-08 firebox.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 256
Status
Not open for further replies.