Cherry/Another Rope

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
About 3-4 weeks ago when we had some high winds this happened. Looks like I'll buy another rope so after I throw the first one over we can tie the second rope to the first then throw it back underneath without getting close to the hung up piece.

zap

Attachments

• 100_3932.jpg
    100_3932.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 345
  • 100_3933.jpg
    100_3933.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 383
Just get up and do some pull ups off of it zap. that'll get it down.

Eco, I hated doing those when I could! :coolgrin:

zap

zap, theres always the black powder in the base of the tree and a long fuse. would be fun.

zapny said:
Eco, I hated doing those when I could! :coolgrin:

zap
Lol. I love em. They keep me strong for rock climbing.

ansehnlich1 said:
If that's out in the woods miles from nowhere try 00 buck :)

that'll work

Time might beat you to that one Zap. Maybe when that storm parked over Michigan moves through later this week.

Yes, it looks like a little wind will knock that thing down for you. Looks like a rotted cherry.

150 foot rope throw from a distance (This is where the cowboy comes out) ;-)

I have to get that down & quick, that is near the wife's walking trail. :coolsmirk: If I can do it without a second rope it will be done tonight, if I need the second rope then Tuesday will be the day the OLE cowboy will get it done.

zap

zapny said:
I have to get that down & quick, that is near the wife's walking trail. :coolsmirk: If I can do it without a second rope it will be done tonight, if I need the second rope then Tuesday will be the day the OLE cowboy will get it done.

zap

Just needs to be long enough so you can put a slip knot in and tighten from a distance. I like my 150ft bull line its pretty heavy and throws well. If your rope is light just add something for weight that will throw easy.

Have a nice two pound weight on it already, I like to throw it so it goes over and past the hung up part by a safe distance then hook up the the cable to the rope and pull one end of the cable back up over the hung up tree, then slide one end of the cable through the other end pull tight then hook to the rhino and down she comes.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.